Red Hat JBoss Data Grid
Data grids are in-memory distributed databases designed for scalability and fast access to large volumes of data. More than just a distributed caching solution, data grids also offer additional functionality such as map/reduce, querying, processing for streaming data, and transaction capabilities.
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid supercharges today's modern applications and allows developers to meet tough requirements of high performance, availability, reliability, and elastic scale. JBoss Data Grid is compatible with the existing data tier as well as applications written in any language, using any framework and any platform via multiple APIs such as memcached, HotRod, and REST. Developers obtain a streamlined approach to standing up new applications, avoiding the challenges normally associated with integrating applications and traditional databases. A subscription includes management tooling (via the JBoss Operations Network plug-in), unlimited access for remote clients, and advanced functionality making JBoss Data Grid an ideal solution for cost-effectively supercharging today's modern applications.
Download JBoss Data Grid 6.2
Supercharge your applications
Download a local copy of the Maven Repository.
Launch your data grid project with these Quickstarts
Discuss on JBoss Data Grid Forums
Need more help?
How to JBoss » Data GridJava, JBoss, and Enterprise Architecture
- Job Opening: Middleware Data Specialist
- Sep 25, 2013 1:17 PM by Shane K Johnson
- Red Hat is looking for a middleware specialist in distributed data and data virtualization / federat…
- Poll Results: Do you have a data grid?
- Sep 10, 2013 10:32 AM by Shane K Johnson
- I created a poll last October: Do you have a data grid? I removed it in July after creating two new …
- AMP’d for Hadoop Alternatives
- Sep 4, 2013 11:43 AM by Shane K Johnson
- Apache Hadoop is not the only game in town. I’ve been following AMPLab (UC Berkeley – link) for some…
Features of Note
Easily search and find an object without needing to know the object's assigned key.
DISTRIBUTED EXECUTION AND MAP/REDUCE
Perform large scale, in-memory computations in parallel across the cluster.
MULTIPLE ACCESS PROTOCOLS WITH DATA COMPATIBILITY
Applications written in any language, using any framework can easily access and share data in the grid.
ZERO-DOWNTIME ROLLING UPGRADES
Upgrade from one version to the next with uninterrupted performance.
CROSS DATACENTER REPLICATION
Implement "follow the sun" capabilities and geographic data partitioning with failover for fault tolerance, near caching, zero downtime and load balancing.
This product is built on top of the following community project