Please have a look at the release notes for a full list of the improvements and bug fixes, feedback is welcome as always. The supported target containers are JBoss AS 7.2.0.Final and WildFly 8.0.0.Final.
A short migration guide is also available here.
Have fun :-)
JBossWS integration provides the application server with any WS related technologies it needs for achieving compliance with the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 7 (Java EE 7).
Starting from 3.x series, JBossWS comes with a web service framework which is basically an integration layer of third party web service stacks on top of multiple JBoss AS versions. JBossWS provides additional value over the standards implemented in collaboration with the supported stacks' communities. This is achieved ensuring first class integration with the JBoss Application Server, common management, configuration, tooling, samples, etc.
With JBoss 4.x series the focus is mainly on the Apache CXF stack integration (JBossWS-CXF), with the goal of achieving the best integration of the first class CXF features on top of JBoss Application Server.
JBossWS features include many specifications / standards implementations as well as additional features, options, tools to improve ease of use, endpoint management and monitoring, etc. In particular, the JBossWS-CXF provides most of the features coming with Apache CXF (including WS-Security, WS-Policy, WS-Addressing, WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-Trust, MTOM, ...) as well as common JBossWS stack features like endpoint metrics, record management, endpoint address rewrite, etc.
Please refer to the documentation for further details.
An high level road map regarding future features is available on the wiki, while a detailed road map for the upcoming versions is found in our issue tracking system. You are always welcome to request and contribute a new feature.
- JBossWS 4.3.0.Final is available!
- Mar 20, 2014 10:48 AM by Alessio Soldano
- A couple of days ago JBossWS 4.3.0.Final has been released.The latest minor release of the JBoss Web Services stack improves stability, by preventing …
- Controlling Apache CXF Bus creation for JAXWS clients
- Oct 23, 2013 8:23 AM by Alessio Soldano
- JBossWS 4.2.2.Final has just been released and installed in current WildFly master.The new version comes with multiple bug fixes as well as a relevant…
- JBossWS 4.2.0.Final is available!
- Jul 29, 2013 11:50 AM by Alessio Soldano
- I'm happy to announce that JBossWS 4.2.0.Final is out!The release comes with lots of new features and bug fixes. To get an idea of the most relevant n…
- View more jbossws