Clustering for high availability
Since JBoss Cache is a replicated cache, state is always kept in sync with other servers in the cluster. This makes any state stored in JBoss Cache resilient to server crashes or restarts, achieving high availability.
Clustered caching to remove bottlenecks
JBoss Cache still is, as it’s name suggests, a cache. It is a product designed to cache frequently accessed Java objects in order to dramatically improve the performance of applications. This makes it easy to remove data access bottlenecks - such as connecting to a database.
And unlike non-cluster-aware caches which may go out of sync when there are concurrent updates, each JBoss Cache instance is aware of remote cache updates and can either invalidate or update it’s state.
JBoss Cache is an advanced, 'enterprise-grade' data grid solution, providing features such as transactions, eviction, and cache loading in addition to replication. Please see the JBoss Cache Users' Guide or FAQs for more details.
JBoss Cache comes in 2 editions - a core cache, for caching simple objects, and POJO cache for caching more complex object hierarchies. Please see the JBoss Cache Users' Guide or FAQs for more details.
|About the project|| |
JBoss Cache is developed by a community of open source developers. Manik Surtani is the project lead. The project was founded by Bela Ban, and the project benefits from a host of regular contributors.
Our user forum is the primary channel of communication between JBoss Cache users and developers.
Documentation & FAQ's
Current stable (Core edition):
Current stable (POJO edition):
Current stable (Searchable edition):
JBoss Community Recent Posts for Project JBoss Cache
- JBoss Cache 3.2.4.GA released!
- Apr 23, 2010 8:51 AM by Galder Zamarreño
- Hi,Today we've released JBoss Cache 3.2.4.GA which contains fixes in here. Note as well that a couple of days ago we released 3.2.3.GA which had fixed…
- JBossCache3.2.3CR1 released!
- Feb 16, 2010 6:44 AM by Mircea Markus
- JBossCache3.2.3CR1 has just been released. It contains a single performance improvement that significantly increases the throughput when JDBC cache…
- JBossCache 3.2.1GA released
- Oct 1, 2009 8:40 AM by Mircea Markus
- Hi,This release includes mainly bug fixes and performance improvements. You can find a detailed list of all items included here.Enjoy!