JBoss Tools 3.0 Installation From Update Site
1. First, download the correct version of Eclipse for your platform which is compatible with the version of JBoss Tools you plan to install. For example, you may choose the Eclipse 3.4.2 Ganymede JEE Bundle in order to install JBoss Tools 3.0. If no bundle is available for your platform, or if you would prefer a smaller download, choose the Eclipse 3.4.2 Platform Runtime Binary - Eclipse will then download only the bare essentials needed for JBoss Tools. Fedora users can simply `
2. Next, unpack Eclipse somewhere on your drive, eg., ~/eclipse or c:\eclipse
3. If you do not already have Java 5 or 6 installed and in your path, download and install that. Fedora users, `
4. Double-click the Eclipse icon, or open a terminal and run `
5. When Eclipse starts, go to Help > Software Updates... > Available Software > Manage Sites... > Add...
7. If installing from an update site zip such as JBossTools-3.0.3.GA.zip, download the zip, then in the above image click the Archive... button to browse for the zip. DO NOT UNZIP IT.
8.Click the Select features to install, then click Install...
9. If you encounter problems resolving dependendies, you can click 'Manage Sites...' and manually add or enable missing sites.
Here are the sites required for JBoss Tools 3.0:
10. Install. Restart when prompted.
11. After fetching all the features and plugins for installation, you may be prompted that your selection contains unsigned jars. This is normal, and should not be seen as an "unsafe" installation. Simply accept the warning and continue.
12. If the install gets stuck on a particular jar download (bandwidth saturation, slow mirror, etc.), you can shut down Eclipse and try again. Ignore any errors you get when starting the second time - a completed install should resolve them so that when you restart the third time you will be ready to go.
Installation From Update Site Zip (Scripted)
Installation of JBoss Tools can be scripted. Click here for details.