Release 8.2 - Target Date: May 30th, 2013
- Feature to allow importing JDBC metatdata through Teiid 8.4 server
- Improved model and VDB refactoring framework
- Bug fixing
Release 8.1 - Target Date: April, 2013
- Feature to allow connecting to Teiid 7.7.2 server (JBoss AS 5.1) (backward compatability)
- Bug fixing
Decmber 13, 2012 Release 8.0
- Updated base Eclipse platform to Juno release, 4.2
- First release to support Teiid 8.x server running on a JBoss AS 7.1 server
- Integration with Eclipse's WTP Server view and JBoss Tools server management extensions
- Integration of Eclipse's Data Tools connection info with creation and auto-deployment of data sources
- Support for importing, modeling and testing Teiid Reuse VDBs deployed on your server
- Exposure of additional design-time relational metadata properties
- Teiid Designer model validation is scoped to a Model Project
July 12, 2012 Release 7.8
- Roll-up of changes & fixes from 7.7.x JBoss productization
April 11, 2012 Release 7.7
- New Guides and Status views
- Designer cheat sheets
- Improved Web Service importer
- Improved access to preview & execute VDB execution plan
- Improved view table creation
December 6, 2011 Release 7.6
- New XML source data file importer
- Improved Flat File importer
- New relational table wizard
- New Model Extension Definition framework
- New XML Format Relational model
September 10, 2011 Release 7.5
- New Flat File import wizard
- New TEiid SQL Grammar Reserved Words View
- Added EXECUTE and ALTAR permission for tables & columns for models in your VDBs
- New Source Function wizard
June 17, 2011 Release 7.4
- VDB Editor improvements including the addition of Teiid Translator property overrides and better UI layout.
- Added ability to generate a RESTEasy WAR. You can map virtual procedures to HTTP methods (GET, POST, PUT and DELETE) using the afore-mentioned extended properties and then let Designer do all the work of creating the RESTEasy artifacts required for RESTful CRUD execution against your VDB.
- Added ability to define and edit generic extended properties to relational model objects
- Improved Preview Data and Execute VDB functionality by auto-creating necessary data sources on Teiid server.
Feb 21, 2011 - Release 7.3
This release is focused on bug fixes the following improvements:
- UI mods required to handle expanded default Update SQL support in Teiid
- Better type mapping during JDBC import, DDL import/export
- Improved usability of Teiid View
- New project examples
Jan 16, 2011 - Release 7.2
This release is focused on bug fixes and usability issues around newer features including:
- Preview Data and Execute VDB functionality
- Data role management
- Integration with larger toolset (i.e. JBoss Tools)
August 30, 2010 - Release 7.1
- Replace Preview Data functionality
- Provide data role management
- Provide Materialized View model management
- DDL to Relational Model importer
July 8, 2010 - Release 7.0
- Compatible release to Teiid 7.0
- Inherit miscellaneous code no-longer needed by Teiid, but used within Designer.
- Changes to connector/driver framework required to accommodate JCA changes within Teiid relating to VDB packaging and execution.
- Change Designer's JDBC import to utilize Eclipse's DTP data sources and connection profiles.
- Replace Designer's SQL Explorer functionality via VDB-to-server deployment and DTP query execution.
- Simplification of VDB Editor
Jan 18, 2010 - Release 6.3
- Upgraded to utilize Eclipse 3.5. This includes latest Eclipse UML2 an EMF upgrades. This addresses performance issues logged by community in summer '09.
- Compatible with Teiid 6.2 release
Sept 22, 2009 - Release 6.2
- Compatible with Teiid 6.2 release
- Took over management of source code from teiid-metadata.jar representing Designer-specific query metadata code required for SQL editing for transformations as well as XML criteria modeling and processing.
June 11, 2009 - Release 6.1
- Compatible with Teiid 6.1 release
- Bug fixes + upgrading to Teiid configuration/connector changes
May 14, 2009 - Release 6.0
- Compatible with Teiid 6.0.1 release
April 27, 2009 - Teiid Designer Project kick-off
- Source code available via SVN
- Community forums, mailing lists and JIRA go live
- First SNAPSHOT available on SourceForge
February 11, 2009 - Teiid & Teiid Designer projects announced
Teiid Designer in the News
- Teiid Designer 8.1 Released29 April 13
- Teiid Designer 8.0 Released13 Dec 12
- Teiid Designer 7.8 Released10 July 12
- Teiid Designer 7.7 Released11 April 12
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.