We are pleased to announce Teiid 8.5 for EAP 6.1 Alpha is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-2528 Encrypted Buffer Files - the buffer manager now supports an option to encrypt Teiid temp data files using 128-bit AES.
- TEIID-2249 Dependent Join Enhancements -
- TEIID-2559 greater control over full depdendent join pushdown has been added including make dep hint options max/join to control the extent of depdendent join pushdown.
- TEIID-2555 the join hint enables the pushdown the entire dependent join when supported by the source.
- TEIID-2558 JDBC translator support to dependent join pushdown for a broad set of sources including Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLServer, Sybase, etc. use the enableDependentJoins translator property.
- TEIID-2527 Configurable Runtime Multisource - the server will now allow multisource models to have sources added and removed at runtime. See the admin addSource and removeSource methods.
- TEIID-2571 Broader Must Pushdown - must pushdown functions tied to a particular model that supports selects without from can now be called without at any time.
- TEIID-2572 Function native-query - source functions for most translators now support the native-query extension metadata property to specify alternative syntax.
- TEIID-2067 Global temporary tables - may now be declared that are backed by Teiid session specific instance tables. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-2443 Simple aggregate rollup - added support for a single ROLLUP grouping element to produce multiple levels of aggregation. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-2614 Anonymous procedure blocks - anonymous procedure blocks may be used as statements. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-247 Expanded array support - adding parsing and JDBC and other support for arrays. See the Reference for more. Note that this support should be considered a tech preview and will be expanded/refined over subsequent releases.
- TEIID-2584 Materialization management - added a tech preview of management routines for external materialized views including scheduled refresh via extension metadata properties.
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogenous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services. Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogeneous schemas, heterogeneous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application.|
An enterprise ready, scalable, managable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- Teiid Designer 8.3 Final Released
- Dec 6, 2013 4:46 PM
- Teiid Designe 8.3 Final is now available. This release reflects a lot of work bug fixing and maturin…
- Teiid 8.6 CR1 Posted
- Dec 5, 2013 6:52 AM
- 8.6 CR1 to has been posted to the downloads.Remote JDG 6 support has been added via a new resource a…
- Teiid 8.6 Beta2 Available
- Nov 21, 2013 9:32 AM
- 8.6 Beta2 to has been posted to the downloads. Feature highlights include: TEIID-2309 Added initial…
- View more blog posts
Teiid will become the basis for all future products, which will be our Enterprise Data Services Platform.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.