We are pleased to announce Teiid 8.3 for JBoss AS 7.1.1 is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-2253 Multi-source improvements - multi-source planning was significantly improved, which will result in much better plans when using multi-source models. The user may also now configure the multi-source column name, auto-populate the multi-column in the actual metadata, and use non-literal multi-source column values.
- TEIID-1557 Generated Key Retrieval - JDBC now supports generated key retrieval, see the Client and the Developers Guides for more.
- TEIID-2311 Permission Conditions - data roles can now specify SQL conditions that will enforce row-based security and physical table insert/update checked constraints. See the Reference Guide for more.
- TEIID-2341 Join Planning Improvements - ANSI join structures can now be preserved with the preserve hint, i.e. FROM /*+ PRESERVE */ (tbl1 INNER JOIN tbl2 ON ...), which is similar to the Oracle ORDERED hint. Also sources restricted to only outer joins (such as Salesforce) can have INNER or effectively INNER joins pushed to them.
- TEIID-2312 Source security domains - Ldap, Salesforce, google-spreadsheet and ws (basic auth) translators can now define "security-domain" in their resource-adaptor configuration for security. When defined along with caller-identity the logged in user's credentials are passed to source for authentication.
- TEIID-2182 Events - Capture the VDB loading and unloading events now from registering a listener on EventDistributor
- TEIID-2241 CLI script for Standalone - Install Teiid into any AS7 standalone configuration using the provided CLI script.
- TEIID-2152 Basic MERGE support - support for a simplistic MERGE statement was added. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-1854 OData Transport - Access any deployed VDB into Teiid using OData protocol, essentially Teiid is now a OData server.
- TEIID-1757 OData Translator - A translator for OData based sources has been added.
- TEIID-2363 Concurrent Join Processing Enhancements - both sides of a join will processed more when possible. See also the org.teiid.joinPrefetchBatches system property in the Admin Guide.
- TEIID-196 Source Temporary Tables - temporary (locally scoped) tables may be defined at runtime against physical sources with a CREATE FOREIGN TEMPORARY TABLE statement. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-2159 JSON Production - added the JSONARRAY, JSONARRAY_AGG, JSONOBJECT, and JSONPARSE constructs for producing JSON. See the Reference for more.
- TEIID-2248 Bulk Salesforce Inserts - added the ability for the Salesforce translator to perform bulk inserts.
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogenous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services. Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogenous schemas, hetrogenous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application. (as of 7.0 this is not supported, but on the roadmap for future releases)|
An enterprise ready, scalable, managable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- Teiid 8.4 Beta2 Posted
- May 9, 2013 1:30 PM
- Teiid 8.4 Beta2 for EAP 6.1.Alpha is now available in our downloads. The new features in this this …
- Teiid Designer 8.1 Final Released
- Apr 29, 2013 11:10 AM
- (download/install)Key feature for this release is providing the ability to develop and test your VDB…
- (Teiid 8.4 + EAP 6.1) Alpha
- Apr 4, 2013 11:47 AM
- Teiid has been using JBoss AS 7.1.1 as deployment server for last few versions. We wanted to move to…
- View more blog posts
Teiid will become the basis for all future products, which will be our Enterprise Data Services Platform.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.