We are pleased to announce Teiid 8.4 for EAP 6.1 Alpha is now available. The main features are:
- TEIID-2444 EAP Platform - the deployment platform for Teiid has been changed to EAP 6.1.Alpha1
- TEIID-2429 Improved sort performance - improved sorts for large data sets especially under heavy load.
- TEIID-2449 VDB Zips - added the ability to deploy non-Designer based vdb zip artifacts with the ability to place DDL outside of the VDB.xml via the DDL-FILE metadata repository.
- TEIID-2423 TEIID-2470 Additional Embedded deployments - xml and zip vdb deployment options are available for Teiid Embedded.
- TEIID-1092 Session Variables - added the teiid_session_set and teiid_session_get methods to maintain session variables.
- TEIID-2326 Shared Mat Views - materialized views from imported vdbs will be reused rather than recreated in each importing vdb.
- TEIID-2344 Automatic DB Version Detection - the JDBC translator database version property in most circumstances will not need to be set manually - see the compatibility note below.
- TEIID-2453 STRING_AGG Added the string_agg aggregate function for concatenating binary and character strings.
- TEIID-2504 Improved socket results processing large results processing over a socket transport have been significantly improved for forward only results. Scrollable results will have only a marginal improvement.
- TEIID-2427 TEIID-2311 Column Masking added column masking and refined row-based security. Also allow for permissions to be granted via the MetadataFactory methods addPermission and addColumnPermisison to enable adding roles via a MetadataRepository.
- TEIID-2507 Session scoped mat views - mat views can now be scoped to sessions via the cache hint, rather than to just the global scope.
- TEIID-2329 MongoDB Support - added a mongodb translator/connector with a wide feature set including pushdown support for lobs, composite keys, and embedded joins. See the Reference for more.
Teiid is a data virtualization system that allows applications to use data from multiple, heterogenous data stores.
Teiid is comprised of tools, components and services for creating and executing bi-directional data services. Through abstraction and federation, data is accessed and integrated in real-time across distributed data sources without copying or otherwise moving data from its system of record.
|Query Engine||The heart of Teiid is a high-performance query engine that processes relational, XML, XQuery and procedural queries from federated datasources. Features include support for homogenous schemas, hetrogenous schemas, transactions, and user defined functions.|
|Embedded||An easy-to-use JDBC Driver that can embed the Query Engine in any Java application. (as of 7.0 this is not supported, but on the roadmap for future releases)|
An enterprise ready, scalable, managable, runtime for the Query Engine that runs inside JBoss AS that provides additional security, fault-tolerance, and administrative features.
Teiid includes a rich set of Translators and Resource Adapters that enable access to a variety of sources, including most relational databases, web services, text files, and ldap. Need data from a different source? A custom translators and resource adaptors can easily be developed.
- Teiid 8.4.Final Released, MongoDB support added
- Jun 12, 2013 12:32 PM
- In keeping with our 3 month release window we are proud to announce our next time boxed release - Te…
- Expose Excel Data as OData feed using Teiid
- Jun 11, 2013 1:03 PM
- For that matter you can expose any data source that is supported by Teiid through its translators as…
- Teiid 8.4 CR1 Available
- May 24, 2013 11:41 AM
- Teiid 8.4 CR1 for EAP 6.1.Alpha* is now available in our downloads. The new features Beta2:TEIID-25…
- View more blog posts
Teiid will become the basis for all future products, which will be our Enterprise Data Services Platform.
- tei·id (TEE-id)
- adj. pertaining to a family of tropical American whip-tailed lizards noted for speed and agility.
- n. a set of open source enterprise information integration tools noted for their ability to rapidly create data services that can quickly adapt to changes in your IT environment.