JBoss Transactions Features
JBossTS is a pure Java multi-modal transaction service that supports distributed transactions in CORBA, J2EE and Web services environments.
- Standards compliance
- CORBA Object Transaction Service (OTS)
- Java Enterprise (J2EE) transactions
- Java Transaction API (JTA)
- Java Transaction Service (JTS)
- Web services transactions
- Web Services Coordination (WS-Coordination)
- Web Services Atomic Transaction (WS-AtomicTransaction)
- Web Services Business Activity Framework (WS-BusinessActivity)
- J2EE and CORBA transactioning features
- Complete distributed transaction support
- Automated failure recovery system
- Flexible deployment: centralized and distributed transaction manager options
- Interposition support for improved distributed transaction performance
- POA ORB support
- Support for both checked and unchecked transaction behaviour
- Support for both flat and nested transaction models, with nested-aware resources and resource adapters
- Support for CosTransaction::Current API
- Direct and indirect transaction management
- Synchronization interface support
- Transaction heuristic support
- Explicit and implicit transaction context propagation
- Multi-thread aware
- Tested Database XA Resource Managers (for JBossTS 4.7.0.GA)
- Oracle 10.2 using Oracle 10.2 thin driver
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 using Microsoft JDBC driver 2.0
- IBM DB2 8.2.7 using IBM v9 driver
- PostgreSQL 8.1.9 using PostgreSQL 8.3.604 driver
- MySQL 5.0.22 using MySQL 5.1.7 driver
- Sybase 12.5.3 using jConnect 6.0
- Additionally the databse/driver combinations listed on the EAP page can reasonably be expected to work
- Web services transactioning features
- Ensures reliable coordination and application data consistency for business processes that involve Web services.
- Supports transaction models for both intra-enterprise (EAI) and inter-enterprise (supply chain) Web services integration.
- Allows for consistent real-time updates across any component or resource involved in the business process.
- Fully automated crash recovery provides fast, unattended restoration of service after component failures.
- Future-proof, generic coordination engine architecture supports pluggable protocols.
- Currently supports the WS-Coordination WS- AtomicTransaction and WS-BusinessActivity specifications. Supports the leveraging of existing transaction infrastructure investments.
- Architected for portability across a wide- range of Web services platforms. Supports the open source JBoss application server for highly cost effective development and deployment.
- Close integration with enterprise Java standards, allowing Web services transactions to seamlessly integrate with J2EE application servers, messaging systems and database back- ends.
- Easy to use Java programming interfaces, based on the emerging JAXTX standard. A rich programming framework reduces overhead in adding transactioning capabilities to Web services.
- Leverages Arjuna's long history in transaction software, including the industry proven coordination engine, ArjunaCore - as used in the Bluestone and HP application servers.
Latest forum discussions
- Re: Re: Bootstrap JTA in unit test
- Dec 4, 2013 4:40 PM by Ivan Vasyliev
- Tom Jenkinson wrote…
- Re: Re: Re: Migration from Bitronix to JBossTS
- Dec 4, 2013 11:40 AM by Gytis Trikleris
- Quickstart only exis…
- The Narayana project visualized by Gource
- Oct 17, 2013 5:51 AM by Tom Jenkinson
- We just ran the exce…
- HPTS 2013
- Oct 1, 2013 10:00 AM by Mark Little
- I was at HPTS 2013 a…
- View more latest news
- EJ-Technologies has kindly provided free JProfiler licenses.
- JetBrains has kindly donated an open source IntelliJ license.
- Syncro Soft has kindly provided free <oXygen/> XML Editor licenses.