The jBPM project is composed of a number of different components that all work together to form one integration BPM suite. The most important ones are:
- Core engine: used to execute your business processes
- Eclipse plugin: graphical modeling, development and debugging of your processes
- Designer: web-based editing of your processes
- Console: web-based mangement of your processes, user tasks, reports, etc.
- Other components that the jBPM project integrates with
The following figure shows how the different components all work together as one BPM suite.