Please have a look at the release notes for a full list of the improvements and bug fixes, feedback is welcome as always. The supported target containers are JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final, 7.1.2.Final and 7.1.3.Final.
Have fun :-)
JBossWS is a web service framework developed as part of the JBoss Application Server.
JBossWS integration provides the application server with any WS related technologies it needs for achieving compliance with the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 (Java EE 6).
Starting from 3.x series, JBossWS comes with a web service framework which is basically an integration layer of third party web service stacks on top of multiple JBoss AS versions. JBossWS provides additional value over the standards implemented in collaboration with the supported stacks' communities. This is achieved ensuring first class integration with the JBoss Application Server, common management, configuration, tooling, samples, etc.
With JBoss 4.x series the focus is mainly on the Apache CXF stack integration (JBossWS-CXF), with the goal of achieving the best integration of the first class CXF features on top of JBoss Application Server.
Features, status, roadmap
JBossWS features include many specifications / standards implementations as well as additional features, options, tools to improve ease of use, endpoint management and monitoring, etc.
An high level road map regarding future features is available on the wiki, while a detailed road map for the upcoming versions is found in our issue tracking system. You are always welcome to request and contribute a new feature.
JBossWS - CXF
JBossWS-CXF provides most of the features coming with Apache CXF (including WS-Security, WS-Policy, WS-Addressing, WS-ReliableMessaging, basic WS-Trust, MTOM) as well as common JBossWS stack features like endpoint metrics, record management, endpoint address rewrite, etc.
Please refer to the documentation for further details.
JBossWS - Native
- JAX-RPC and JAX-WS (2.2) support
- JBoss Application Server 5 (JavaEE 5 compliant) web service stack
- EJB 2.1, EJB3 and JSE endpoints
- Attachments Profile Version 1.0
- Support for MTOM/XOP and SwA-Ref
- WS-Security 1.0 for XML Encryption/Signature of the SOAP message
- WS-Addressing (W3C candidate release) and JSR-261
- JBossWS 4.2.0.Beta1 and WS-Discovery support
- May 15, 2013 10:28 AM by Alessio Soldano
- Just in time for the first release of WildFly, I've cut the first Beta release of JBossWS 4.2 series and had it pulled into the application server.The…
- JBossWS 4.2 feature preview
- Apr 18, 2013 12:48 PM by Alessio Soldano
- This blog post is about few additions that are coming with JBossWS 4.2 release which I actually started working on due to some specific Narayana requi…
- Maven plugin for JAXWS tools, again!
- Feb 14, 2013 4:40 AM by Alessio Soldano
- Back in March 2010 I wrote about our JBossWS Maven plugin for running JAXWS tools (wsconsume and wsprovide). The plugin allows embedding tools' invoca…
- View more jbossws
We use JProfiler for profiling