JBoss Transactions Web Services Glossary
- JBoss Transactions (JBossTS): rebranded version of ArjunaTS. This contains a purely local JTA implementation, a JTS implementation and a Web Services Transactions implementation.
- JBoss JTA: the lightweight transaction manager that is the default transaction service in JBoss 3.x and 4.0.x.
- JBossTS (Core): the core transaction engine at the heart of JBossTS (also known as ArjunaCore).
- JBossTS (JTA): the local JTA implementation from JBoss Transactions, including transaction logging and crash recovery support.
- JBossTS (JTS): a set of modules that extends JBossTS (JTA) with fully distributed transactions based on the JTS/OTS.
- JBossTS (XTS): a set of modules that extends JBossTS (Core) with fully distributed transactions based on WS-TX.