Arquillian makes integration testing a breeze!
Arquillian brings test execution to the target runtime so you don't have to manage the runtime from the test (or project build). To invert this control, Arquillian wraps a lifecycle around test execution that provides the following services:
- Manages the lifecycle of one or more containers
- Bundles the test case, dependent classes and resources as ShrinkWrap archives
- Deploys the archives to the containers
- Enriches the test case with dependency injection and other declarative services
- Executes the tests inside (or against) the containers
- Returns the results to the test runner for reporting
Arquillian runs with Java 1.5 and above, integrates seamlessly with familiar testing frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG and allows tests to be launched using existing IDE, Ant and Maven test plugins.
Sure thing. Consider an integration test for an EJB. How do you start the container? Deploy the EJB? Get the EJB reference? Run the test in an IDE? Use any EJB container? Arquillian takes care of all that!
Did you think it could be this easy?
That's just the beginning of what's possible!
Latest Project Blog Entries
- Arquillian Extension JRebel 1.0.0.Alpha1 Released
- The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.0.0.Alpha1 release of the Arquillian Extension JRebel component! It’s great that we can write integration tests and that Arquillian can automatically deploy them into a container. However, writing these tests aren’t always that great. It takes precious time to wait for redeploys and often …
- Arquillian OSGi 2.1.0.CR2 Released
- The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 2.1.0.CR2 release of the Arquillian OSGi component! What is Arquillian? Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtime so you can fo…
- Jakub Narloch brings Arquillian to Netflix, recognized at AWS re:Invent
- We’d like to congratulate Jakub Narloch, a key Arquillian contributor and community member, on receiving a Netflix Open Source Software (OSS) cloud prize. Jakub won the award for Best Contribution to Code Quality for his work integrating Arquillian into the Karyon and Genie projects. …
Latest Community Blogs and Articles
- Testing HTML5 canvas applications with sikuli and arquillian
- Nov 8, 2013 3:14 AM
- HTML5 introduces a great new element that can be used to draw arbitrary content on a pane: the canvas element. What has been a standard feature for fat client applications for decades is now introduced to the world of web applications. Web developers no longer need to use proprietary plugins to draw images or charts in their applications. But when it comes for testing, this new feature imposes new challenges to the web development community. How to test that the canvas element is in an appropriate state at some point in time? Standard technologies like selenium focus on the markup that is generated by the web server and not on the pixels drawn on the canvas. Tags: arquillian html5 canvas sikuli author:siom79
- Ejecución de tests de integración en aplicaciones OSGI con el soporte de Arquilian.
- Oct 22, 2013 12:18 PM
- Hace poco ya vimos cómo ejecutar tests de integración con el soporte de Arquilian en aplicaciones Java bajo el entorno de CDI, el estandar de inyección de dependencias de JEE, y Weld, su implementación de referencia. En este tutorial vamos a hacer uso también de Arquilian pero para ejecutar tests de integración en aplicaciones java bajo un entorno OSGI. Tags: arquillian osgi lang:spanish author:@jmsanchez
- Started JEE – Testing with Arquillian
- Oct 15, 2013 5:54 PM
- Some time ago I came to the point where I need to do integration tests for my JEE applications at work. In JEE6 I tried several testing frameworks two years ago, but none of them works very well, so we decided to skip this point and continue with end users tests and JUnit testing. But I never gave up the search for an testing framework for JEE6. Tags: arquillian shrinkwrap ee6 author:@MrPaeddah