Arquillian makes integration testing a breeze!
Arquillian brings test execution to the target runtime so you don't have to manage the runtime from the test (or project build). To invert this control, Arquillian wraps a lifecycle around test execution that provides the following services:
- Manages the lifecycle of one or more containers
- Bundles the test case, dependent classes and resources as ShrinkWrap archives
- Deploys the archives to the containers
- Enriches the test case with dependency injection and other declarative services
- Executes the tests inside (or against) the containers
- Returns the results to the test runner for reporting
Arquillian runs with Java 1.5 and above, integrates seamlessly with familiar testing frameworks such as JUnit and TestNG and allows tests to be launched using existing IDE, Ant and Maven test plugins.
Sure thing. Consider an integration test for an EJB. How do you start the container? Deploy the EJB? Get the EJB reference? Run the test in an IDE? Use any EJB container? Arquillian takes care of all that!
Did you think it could be this easy?
That's just the beginning of what's possible!
Latest Project Blog Entries
- Arquillian Drone Extension 1.2.0.Alpha2 Released
- The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.2.0.Alpha2 release of the Arquillian Drone Extension component! We’ve please to announce Drone 1.2.0.Alpha2. This release brings you PhantomJS support and an easier model for future extensions. Significant changes since 1.2.0.Alpha1 Support for PhantomJS…
- Arquillian Container GlassFish 1.0.0.CR4 Released
- The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 1.0.0.CR4 release of the Arquillian Container GlassFish component! What is Arquillian? Arquillian is open source software that empowers you to test JVM-based applications more effectively. Created to defend the software galaxy from bugs, Arquillian brings your test to the runtim…
- Graphene 2.0.0.Alpha4 Released
- The Arquillian team is proud to announce the 2.0.0.Alpha4 release of the Graphene component! As we are on the way to a first Beta release, we identified a need for sharing some of the recent Graphene improvements: Highlighted Changes Guard Improvements and Fixes Request Guards were polished, extended …
Latest Community Blogs and Articles
- Turbo Boost für Arquillian Tests
- Arquillian ist ein von der JBoss Community entwickeltes Open Source Test-Framework für Java Enterprise Anwendungen und derzeit in Version 1.0.3 erhältlich. Mit Hilfe von Arquillian können Integrationstests für Java EE Anwendungen entwickelt werden, wobei uns die Ausführung auf einem Container (z.B. JBoss Application Server) abgenommen wird. Tags: arquillian junit suite author:Daniel_von_Haslinger lang:german
- Automate testing of Mobile Web Applications on Android using Arquillian and Jenkins CI
- This post presents a way to automate the testing procedure of web applications with mobile support on Android OS, using Arquillian testing platform and Jenkins CI. For the testing purposes we will use open source technologies. Tags: arquillian mobile jenkins ci android author:@tolis_e
- Testing Lucene JdbcDirectory with Arquillian
- I have been using Lucene for indexing and searching through deep class structures for many years. Somewhere along the years hibernate introduced its entity indexing and searching through hibernate-search. I yet have not started using it. So for the time being we have rolled in our little custom search engine with Lucene and we pack hibernate and Lucene together through Session facades. It works perfectly well. One of the problems I ran into with Lucene was when there was a product requirement for making the search index uniformly available across all nodes in a JEE cluster. Tags: arquillian lucene hibernate search jbossas7 howto